Sunday, April 10, 2011

A little about us...

When I originally thought of starting a blog, I named it my world unravled, because I thought it would be about the craziness that is my life with a play on my favorite hobby (knitting). I have yet to write on it until now. I didn't know then that it would be an IF (infertility) blog. But the truth is that IF is the craziness in my life right now. And it has gotten me blogging. Hopefully to help others (as so many IF blogs have helped me), and to help me capture and release moments in this wild ride of life.

DH (John) and I have been TTC (trying to conceive) for 18months. Anyone who has spent any time actually TTC and not "trying not to prevent" knows that it has its ups and downs. It can be exhausting. By cycle 3 I had OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). By cycle 5, OPK was finally testing positive. By cycle 7 I was temping. By cycle 8 I was pretty good at getting OPK right within a day or two. By cycle 13 we were going to see the OB. Our TTC journey from there deserves its own post later this week.

Back to my family. John and I are both from FL. We moved away 4 years ago to NC. We now live 10+ hrs from 90% of our family. We moved to NC after job lay-off #1. At the same time as cycle 1 TTC we were going through lay-off #2. Now hubby has a good job were he spends 60% of his time in Jax, NC, 2+ hrs away from our home.

We have 3 furbabies. Big Black Lab, Cody, aka. Black Dog. He is really sweet, and really goofy. He is a happy dog who only gets in trouble once and he will never do that again, ever. He loves fetch and the water. We have a skinny husky, Kaya, aka Girlfriend and Missy. She is the coolest dog. She has a lot of personality, and is so stubborn. She has a lot of personality, she is sassy and quite funny if you can read into her "woooo-ing." We also have old man Carlos. He is a gray house cat who just turned 9 years. He actually acts quite young because Kaya keeps him on his toes. He has no fear of her which is good cause she is harmless though she may "tell" you otherwise. But he is a little cautious around the black dog because he is often clumsy and unaware where he steps.

We live in a big house fit for us and kids. Although we don't plan on selling it we now live more financially smart and buy things more for the two of us and not for the family we hope to have one day.

1 comment:

B- said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Let me know how your cycle goes -- I'm still waiting on my cycle to begin! Talk about frustrating!