Tuesday, April 26, 2011

IVF #1 Lupron Flare Protocol

I find this helpful when I am reading other blogs looking for doses of what the future may hold.
I am young but have elevated FSH and a low antral follicle count for my age, this means I have probable diminished ovarian reserve, so my RE is breaking out the big guns early and putting me on the Lupron Flare Protocol to minimize suppression, she is also starting me on higher doses of Follistim and adding small HCG because of my lean body mass.

April 10 - AF is here.

April 12 - Start BCP

April 19 - 3D saline sonogram/baseline

April 21 - IVF med class, + DH and I celebrate 4 yr anniversary

May 3 - Take last BCP ***(My clinic would have allowed me to start this April 25 but this worked out better for us)

May 5 - Start Lupron 5 units twice a day, Doxycycline for both DH and I
...................thats 2 shots a day

May 7 - Start Follistim 300 units, and Ovidrel 20 units in evening
...................thats 2 more shots a day

May 11 - First U/S and bloodwork

May 13 - U/S and bloodwork

May 16 - U/S and bloodwork

May 16-18 - possible trigger (Ovidrel 250mcg + stop IVF meds)
May 18-20 - possible retrieval with ICSI (+zpack )
**Next day - Start Progesterone oil shots and Vivelle patches
May 21-23 - possible transfer
June 6 - possible beta

3 comments:

B- said...

Sounds like you have it all planned out! Good luck!

Baby Hopes said...

Welcome to blogging! Found you through Cycle Sista. I'm also undergoing my first IVF. Wishing you the best of luck!

Marianne said...

Things will be start moving so quickly once you start injections - I hope everything goes smoothly for you!