Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sing a song of hope...

I consider myself to be a realist. My DH is the optimist of our house, and sometimes it gets on my nerves. As a realist I allow myself to consider all possibilities without focusing on one or the other, ADD maybe. That being said, My RE gave me a sliver of hope today. I had my 3D sonogram and she said I have a beautiful uterus. She said that she thinks the only reason we are not pregnant right now is because she believes that my eggs have never gotten to see sperm. On the flip side to that though is the fact that I have a low count. This is my second US and both times I had seven follicles. Seven could be a lucky number. But I am 28. I asked her the normal number for my age and she said 10-20, yikes. She said this is why I will be on high stimulation with lupron flare.

So my job now is to show up to appts. take injections like a champ. Convince my ovaries to grow lots of eggies but not OHSS. The provide a good home in my “beautiful” uterus for 9 months. My DH would reply “I like a challenge” whereas I am feeling the pressure.

Here are some pictures of my furbabies just because...

Prince Carlos



Kaya the DIVA


fuzzy pic of The Black Dog

1 comment:

B- said...

Good luck on your cylce! It goes by quicker than you would think and I think you'll be suprised by how well you'll respond to the medication... even if you don't feel like nothing is going on down there - one day you'll just wake up and know its working! ;)