Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lupron Day 1

I gave myself my first shot today. I am a nurse and I have given more shots than I could even count, I have also had many shots. However, this was the first time ever that I had given myself a shot. Because of this I decided that I would draw everything up, and give myself the shot on the couch and immediately meditate while listening to circle & bloom. Everything does not always go according to plan but it was close enough. I gave myself the shot and litterally at the same time my phone rings and it is my hubby. I let it go because I am still injecting but I think I went in a little to far because of it. I am very lean and don't have all that excess around my belly area (my thighs are a different story). I called him back then put in my headphones to meditate. I had already set the oven timer in case I fell asleep. I am one of those people who can fall asleep anywhere in seconds. Although I have listened to a few of the tracks on this CD already and have not fallen asleep. I did meditate some but it was stinging for a while and I found it hard to clear my mind, eventually though it worked and I finished the track and got up to start my day. I think I will do this again tonight since I am lucky enough to have these first few days of my shots off from work. I didn't take them off it just worked out that way. I have also decided since I am doing am and pm lupron I will do exact opposite sides of the abdomen to try and minimize bruising and create balance.

I start my new-old job monday. I am going in at nine to finish paperwork and stuff so I will have to bring both am and pm doses of all 4 shots with me, hopefully this works out well.

No comments: