Friday, May 27, 2011

One week...

It has been one week since we transfered two beautiful embryos. Of our 8 eggs, all were mature and ICSI was used. 6 of those fertilized and created pretty good "textbook" embryos. We transferred two 8 cells, one with no fragmentation, and one with slight fragmentation. The other four made into snowflakes. It gives me great joy to know those snowflakes are there.

Unfortunately, my beta wont be until 2w2d after transfer because we transferred on the weekend and they offered to do it a day early but we will be out of town, so instead we have to wait extra days. That being said, today marks one week down. The progesterone shots are not the worst thing ever but they are really starting to hurt worse, not less, and my queasy DH seems to be getting queasier not less. We ice before hand which helps. I also hold the med in my armpit to warm it up, which helps. He massages afterward and if I am lucky he massages again in the morning with lotion which probably helps the most. But I did learn yesterday that he always aims for the exact same spot with the needle, like bullseye, so I told him tonight to try and aim for 2 o'clock instead.

My newly pregnant cousin is coming into town and I have not seen her since her news, I believe she is 14 weeks today. She is also my best friend and I am hoping her baby comes and chats with my babies on how great life is in the uterus and they want to stick around. Hubbby and I leave for Boston on Monday. This is our trip this year and it happens to fall on my bday so I am super excited. At the least I will have super fun things from my trip to post if my beta goes bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking to see how everything turned out. I hope you are so busy jumping for joy that you don't have time to post.